Greenwich AveProject Types: Construction Adjacent Properties
STRAAM was contracted by FST Engineers, Inc for the Ventilation Plant Project at Mulry Square to provide Dynamic Monitoring and Structural Integrity Assessment on the building located at 59 Greenwich Ave, NYC, which will be adjacent to the ventilation plan to be constructed.
Due to the proximity of the construction, STRAAM was tasked to dynamically monitor and continuously record the building’s dynamic response for three years. Our initial assignment was to conduct a baseline dynamic assessment and produce a summary report of the findings followed by three years of continuous monitoring.
This particular building had a hidden crack in the façade as shown in the picture below. This crack caused an anomaly at low amplitude in the Non-linear Damping Characteristics. Upon fixing this, that anomaly disappeared and the building’s response showed it to be more monolithic. STRAAM was able to quantify the before and after Risk Profile of this building.
Download Project SheetDownload PDF
- FST Engineers, Inc
- New York, NY
- Baseline Dynamic Signature
- Data Acquisition
- Frequency Identification
- Non-linear Damping Characteristics
- Continuous Monitoring
- Provided a baseline dynamic signature
- Continuous Dynamic Monitoring
- Produced a quantified Risk Profile of the building pre and post construction
- Observed and reported on any changes that occurred to the buildings behavior throughout construction